PWM and other nodeMCU features

Home Forums NodeLua firmware Feature and API requests PWM and other nodeMCU features

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Harold L. 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chaceb94
    Participant

I tried using the nodeMCU firmware before and it isn’t bad. I think my main issue is that I’m using a bus pirate @ 115200 baud and communicating with an esp @ 9600 through it. So copying and pasting didn’t work well as the text was being blasted too quickly. (idk that for sure, but that’s what I think was happening.)

Anyways I immediately liked this nodelua because it runs at 115200 baud so communication is fluid. I especially liked the webIDE and one click upload in debug mode. I’m not an expert @ code so being able to trial and error quickly is awesome.

The shitty part about nodelua is that although the IDE is miles ahead of nodeMCU, the API seems to be lacking PWM support. I am willing to help develop this, but I need to be pointed in the right direction. What files should I edit and what existing code can I look at for reference. NodeMCU also has support for temperature sensors like the DS18B20 in the form of a “module”. I don’t have one of those, but modules sounds like a good idea, and I’d like to help implement them for the DHT11/22 and LEDs like the WS2812 or maybe the newer APA102.

Thanks for your time, Chace.

Harold L.
    Keymaster

Yep, I’m currently working on the PWM API of nodelua, and will release a new version tomorrow πŸ˜‰

If you want to add supports to WS2812, I’d recommend you to look at “app/lua/lnode_sensor.c”. I’ve implemented DS18B20 and DHT11 there, but still undocumented.

When you have done that, let me know please, I’d like to merge them into trunk :)

chaceb94
    Participant

Well I just looked at this and then grabbed your new firmware, but now I have bigger problems. I can no longer connect my esp to the webIDE. I flashed to FW using esptool.py and then made sure to connect it to my router as described in the tutorial. Then I copied and pasted in the node.setid(<random looking numbers>). It didn’t return any errors and then restarted. In the webIDE the node exists but it says it isn’t activated even if I click debug. How to activate isn’t helpful since it brings me back to tutorial I just followed. I’ve deleted all my projects and created brand new project and node then copy and paste node.setid again with same results. What am I missing here?

Harold L.
    Keymaster

Sorry for that, I have checked my server and found I forgot to exam the return code which made it crash *_*

I had fixed it and restarted the server, try again will work :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.